Managing the Forest
Mendocino Redwood Company, LLC (MRC®) and Humboldt Redwood Company, LLC (HRC™) collectively consist of approximately 440,000 acres of redwood and Douglas-fir forestlands along the north coast of California. From the beginning, MRC and HRC’s stated purpose has been to demonstrate it is possible to manage productive forestlands with a high standard of environmental stewardship, and also operate a successful business. The company names were chosen to reflect the nature of the business and to pay homage to the important role of the local community associated with a timber business.
News & Features
- MRC Letter to our employees regarding treatment of tanoaks Read
- MRC Letter to the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors Read
- Olle Lundberg, Design Principal at Lundberg Design, discusses his passion for environmentally responsible designs and why he chooses redwood — View
- MRC response to East Bay Express article “The Lumberman in Charge of Climate Policy” Read
- MRC letter to members of the Albion community Read